Effective Date: November 13th, 2019. Last modified: February 1st, 2019
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
Social Sign-On Information: You can create an account with Wisy, Inc., using a social media account. When you do, we will receive information from those social media services, including your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Demographic information, such as gender and nationality
- Profile Picture
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Quest Information. Wisy, Inc. works with partners to facilitate “Quests” – sets of activities with specific goals that you may choose to participate in and for which you may be rewarded. If you choose to participate in a quest, you may provide a variety of information to us. In addition to the User Information above, some of the information you may provide includes:
- Photos of products, locations, and photos of yourself with a product or at a certain location
- Photos of invoices or receipts with information regarding items, prices, stores, date, time, name of the purchaser, and other details that appear on the invoice or receipt
- Location information
- Content you submit, such as votes (including likes or dislikes), comments, and descriptions (including descriptions of photos, products, or locations)
- Bank account or payment information (in order to receive rewards)
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we receive your precise location information. We may also collect the precise location of your device when our applications are running in the foreground or background or when the app is closed. We use your location information while you are participating in Quests. We also infer your more general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your more general geographic region).
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, including Quests, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, and to contact individuals whom you invite to join the service. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or invitations to join the service.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Data that you provide related to Quests may be posted publicly. For example, pictures you take as part of a Quest may be shared. When this information is posted publicly, we do not post information that identifies you, such as your name and email address. Some of the information we post publicly may include your nickname and the location of your post.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you. To do so, these companies may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies.
- We may publicly display comments and testimonials we receive from users. If you write a comment, send us an email, or other communication, we may edit it in our discretion and use it, with or without your name, anywhere we desire, including, but not limited to, our website(s), press releases, newsletters and marketing material.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law. We may, for instance, publish information in the public interest, such as locations of potholes and water leaks, on websites for public use.
Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. However, location is core to many Quests and without it, you may not be able to successfully participate.
Use of Services by Minors
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove content that you publicly posted, you may submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com. Removing the public content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you disclose personal information, as defined under the statute, with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you can comply with the California “Shine the Light” law by: (1) offering an opt out; (2) committing to only share personal information in these circumstances if you obtain opt-in consent; or (3) offering an accounting of data sharing.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Wisy uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States, Latin America, and around the globe. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.